Wednesday 2 June 2010

Gap Year, Olsens and kids in heels


I promised myself that when I took this gap year I would go straight into fighting for my future. I guess it's only two weeks in, but I have that guilty feeling you get when you promise yourself you will start your essay tomorrow. Instead I find myself pondering fashion websites and beauty videos. I blame the internet for falling so easily into my grasp. Thank goodness my t-mobile usb is broken and now I HAVE NO INTERNET. I have to call my insurance tomorrow to get it fixed, pray for me.
Hissy fit over, I have some time to think to myself without the web browser calling my name. Let's call this a well earned break for my laptop. I realise this post is starting to show my rather unhealthy side but what can I do, It's all truth.
Now I will analyse what this lack of internet is doing to me since I have no other form of entertainment. I am finding myself more obsessed with fashion when I have no access to it. My wardrobe is full yet I only wear a quarter of its content. Its not helping that 'Sex And The City 2' is out and I am the only person that has not seen it. I am planning to see it when no one else wants to, next Tuesday during the morning.
Humbug. Just humbug. I don't know what I want to do. This is what happens when my thoughts are left to myself.
I currently have a picture of the Olsen twins up on my browser, purely because I wish I had their wardrobe. No one can can have the same wardrobe as them unless you were born with that amount of money. BUT you can find dupes of what they wear. Now I'm not saying you should copy them, but If you get inspired just find alternatives that look similar and jazz it up yourself you can pull it off.
Yesterday I was trailing up Barnet High Street after walking (up hill) from New Barnet. Needless to say my make up was sliding off of my face. Great day to wear a blazer I tell you...
I found myself noticing all these little 12 year olds from my old school wearing make up and their hair styled in a bird's nest manner. “What has the world come to” I asked myself, then realised that I must be getting really old. Think back to when you were twelve I told myself. I used to want the latest fashion items and what not, but it was different back then. Kids were not interested in short skirts and make up... we used to craze over trainers that lit up and counted how many wristbands we could fit on one arm. What has made this big progression in what kid's are interested in nowadays?

The other day I was watching E! Entertainment television. They did a segment on Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise's daughter. She is what...a toddler? and she was spotted wearing a custom made pair of high heels. I kid you not. It's like fashion is being forced at us at a young age. I think it's unhealthy.

This is a really erratic post...sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment