Thursday 3 June 2010

Hey, I put some new shoes on and suddenly everything is right...

Or not.
My apologies for the double shoe post but you never know what idea will spring to your mind next...
The idea for this post came about while I was considering buying a new pair of shoes. What is it about a new pair of shoes that makes us feel so great? I specifically remember Russell Brand saying “you know that feeling when you buy a new pair of shoes and you feel like the shoes are wearing you?”
When I was a child I used to 'suffer' from that a lot. I constantly felt paranoid that everything I wore would make me look like a try hard. I was too scared of trying to be unique. I just wanted to blend. It may have been that little Armenian girl inside me hiding away for being different as well as the way people treated me.
“pfffft look at what she is wearing” giggled the little girls of Christ Church school in my class. At nine years of age you wouldn't think kids would be so cruel. That little cow (excuse my French) pretty much scarred me for life. Every time I try something on I always feel like I look too over done. Times have changed since I was a child and I totally love being exotic. I love my dark hair and am getting to grips with my pale skin. LOVE, love, love Nicola Roberts lets just say that.

Let me tell you about one of my style icons...
I came across Kim Kardashian a couple of years ago when my sister pointed her out in a magazine and said “Nay, look at this girl she is Armenian like us and is friends with Paris Hilton”
Paris Hilton...pfft I thought. Keeping Up With The Kardashians became my new vice. I love that we are the same ethnicity. Finally, I had something and a group of people to relate to in every way. Kim and her sister Kourtney are exotic looking, plus they have great style. People think they are beautiful...someone broke the mould for different looking people. Finally :)

BE BOLD, BE UNIQUE.





No comments:

Post a Comment