Saturday 5 June 2010

5 Random Facts About Me Tag

I was browsing through one of my favourite blogs recently and decided that I wanted to make more of a light post. Possibly a bit egocentric but it seemed like fun.
I came across a '5 random facts' tag and thought...well why not make my blog a little personal by sharing some facts about me. I know that some of my lovely Twitter followers read my blog, so it would be nice to give them something.
Then came the hard part. I find it terribly difficult to narrow down facts about myself without sounding like I am obsessed with ME ME ME. That was why I was reluctant to make this post in the 1st place... so here it goes.

1.
I am a cocktail.


I have mentioned before that I am of Armenian decent from both my Mother and Father. I also mentioned that I was of Palestinian decent. All very true, but there is more to the mix. After having a long chat with my uncle when I was 15, I found out that his grandmother was Assyrian (the land does not exist anymore)
I am guessing this was hidden from me because Armenians and Assyrians... well they don't have a great relationship.
My uncle also revealed that we are distantly Russian, Georgian and other countries...this is only on my Dad's side. My friend once told me she found it very difficult to tell where I was from when she 1st met me. It's understandable. On my Mother's side I am full Armenian, her grandmother was adopted by a Turkish family. My Mother will never admit that and I will never understand why.
I am mostly Armenian but I am proud of the fact that I am very mixed. It makes people interesting.

2.
I hate tanning.

ouch!!!
I'm sure that it is apparent from my blog that I when I believe in something...I really act upon it. When I was a child on holiday my Mother used to let me swim and play in the sun without worrying that I might get sunburn. I am quite pale but I tan easily. I used to go so brown that I didn't look like the same child. 2 years ago on holiday, I tanned a fairly normal amount when I was in Spain, in fact less than usual. When I got back to London and my skin was returning to its normal state, I noticed a difference to the skin on my face. It was blemish central. After that I researched how harmful tanning is and have never sunbathed since. I know that my face was never going to stay so white and pure forever, but I wasn't expecting it to happen so fast!

3.
I love Fashion

Ever since I was a kid, I have been obsessed with finding unusual things. Now let me elaborate. I always wanted unique toys, unique bags, and as I got older...Unique fashion items. I swear I was the 1st person to buy a two finger ring and an Alexander McQueen scarf :-P
I love the effortless New York chic look. That can also apply to effortless London look...
If anything I think about fashion everyday. I will never dress myself to please someone else, I will always do it for me because it makes me feel good and unique. My style icons are the Olsen twins because they pull off effortless like there is no tomorrow. Ever since I was a kid I have been OBSESSED with them. They have amazing style.

4.
I want to travel

I really really REALLY want to go to some certain places...and to make documentaries as I go along. I am a media arts student and I want to use the skills that I have learned to do this. My 1st stop will hopefully be Armenia. I have never been but I want to show people what it's really about and why they should go there. I promise that one day, I will go to Palestine. I want to go back to my Father's birthplace. It feels like I have spent most of my life thinking about Armenia and not Palestine. It is just as important...

5.
I want to start my own business.

This is really thinking far ahead, but I want to start my own business at some point in my life...

On that note, I want you to tell me 5 facts about YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment