Saturday 15 May 2010

Karl Who? Israel Who?

If at any point in my life I could meet Karl Lagerfeld, I will be a happy woman. No its not the urge for that £2000 bag that makes me admire him (to a certain extent) It is the fact that he always remains to be one of the coolest people around, effortlessly.
I would love to get my mits on one of those "Karl Who" bags. I love how versatile it is yet being a simple shopping bag.



It pokes fun at our ever growing consumer society, or am I reading into it too much?
Thinking about consumerism here is another image worth thinking about, including the quote.




There are some things wrong with this picture.
1. McDonalds.
If there is any other reason to boycott McDonalds apart from health, it would be their relations with Israel. As you know I have major empathy towards Palestine and I do not support any company that funds Israel's military aid or sells things in their country.
(for more info check here: BoycottMcDonalds )
2. "Fashion is the healthiest motivation for losing weight" I don't know what is more wrong with this?!!! The fact that it is up against a picture of McDonalds or the fact that it screams Anorexia. We all know Karl was put on a diet years ago to get to what he is now. He did say that it wasn't the most fulfilling diet. It made him lose the weight whilst feeling hungry... right. I think there is a book on it, go find it if you feel like being a little bit gaunt.

What is right about this picture? Well it is motivating me to lose a bit of weight or just get a bit healthy. It makes me remember that McDonalds works with the devil and being healthier will have its benefits.

This blog post is a little messy, I say sorry to those that feel like they hate me already hah.


1 comment:

  1. interesting points of view u got there.
    ppl shuld read this & wake up.
    Fashion world!!!

    ReplyDelete