Saturday 15 May 2010

Fresh Start?

Saturday May 15th 2010

I took the liberty of making some use out of my free Microsoft word trial during this time of need. Why is this a time of need I hear you ask? Well this is a time in my life I have been dreading yet looking forward to for quite some time now.
I decided (purely last minute) that I would take a year out of University. I think this gap is highly necessary considering I want to shoot myself every time I set foot in the University of Westminster. It is set in the glamorous visage of Harrow (I kid you not)
Now if I attended the Regent Street campus, this might have been a different story. I would have been able to trot into Uni in some high heels with my designer handbag without feeling pretentious. Ok, I am not cocky or bigheaded in way at all. I get the constant “but you are posh!” from my friend in Harrow. Needless to say I get that sinking feeling you get when you feel really out of place or embarrassed. But why should I feel that way if that is just how I am? No I didn’t attend one of the best schools and no I didn’t get the best grades. As a matter of fact my GCSE’s were purely average (A*-D I kid you not, I’m like a scitz) My A levels were not bad considering this.
Where was i? ah yes, gap year. What life do I want? I asked myself. I shouldn’t just go to university because it Is the norm and everyone else in my family did it. I will use this time to re-evaluate my life, take some time out to find jobs and possibly find a career route. I know it seems late for a twenty year old. Better late than never I think :)

1 comment: