Sunday 16 May 2010

Everyone secretly loves Eurovision

Even if you are watching it to see all the ludicrously STUPID joke songs, making fun of odd accents or (wait for it) rooting for your country, we all secretly love The Eurovision Song contest. I make it a tradition every year to sit and watch the WHOLE thing with my Dad to make fun at everything we see and hear. Only because the UK never did well until last year when Jade Ewen came 4th! Good for her.
Now If it were up to me, Armenia would have participated in eurovision a long time ago. They have been participating for 4 years now, this year being our 4th. We have done quite well, we came 8th for our 1st 2 years, 4th in our 3rd year (we got the most amount of top scores that year) and 10th last year (we will forgive that one)

Now. Our 3rd year was our best. Sirusho came 4th and gained major popularity all over Europe with 'Qele Qele' (check song below)


This year, I think we have a great chance! Eva Rivas is representing us with her song 'Apricot Stone'
sound redic? I thought so at 1st. I heard it, and now I love it! it has a perfectly political undertone
"apricot stone hidden in my hand, give it back to me, from the motherland"
let me know what you guys think...

No comments:

Post a Comment